Our (current) premises
New buildings are necessary in order to establish a satellite campus of the University of Bayreuth in Kulmbach.
These will include house offices, seminar rooms, research laboratories, as well as rooms for administration and service. Until the new building works are completed, various areas in Kulmbach will be used in the transitional period.
Currently, Faculty administration is located on the premises of Kulmbacher Spinnerei. The former administration mansion (Fritz-Hornschuch-Str. 13) provides conference, seminar, and meeting rooms, which can be used for various university and non-university events (both by in-house and external interested parties). Further architectural developments are progressing continuously.
The address and directions can be found here.
Service and equipment
Our premises are accessible via an electric transponder lock. Employees of the University can be granted access, while guests receive a loan transponder. The rooms have flexible seating and equipment (LCD display, whiteboard, flipchart, lectern, PC-projector, Eduroam or Bavaria WLAN) as well as catering on request, and can in part be used around the clock. Please note that our premises are unfortunately not yet barrier-free.
If you have any booking requests, questions, or suggestions, please contact the secretary's office.
Conference room K7 on the 1st floor
- 2 large tables (one with power, HDMI, and VGA connection in the middle)
- 12 chairs (expandable up to 16)
- 70-inch fixed LCD display (includes HDMI and VGA connector and cable)
- PC-projector extra (incl. HDMI and VGA cables)
- USB Presenter
- Photo camera with video option
- Video conference system technology
- Flipchart available
- WLAN available (Eduroam or Bavaria WLAN)
Great common room "Fritz Hornschuch" on the 2nd floor
Great common room
- Common room with eight tables/eight chairs (due to the currently valid Corona regulations, the simultaneous use is limited to a maximum number of eight persons)
- Advance booking required via e-learning
- Transition to the library and the media lab
- Kitchenette with microwave, kettle and bottle warmer
- Extensively equipped kids box incl. cot
- WiFi available (Eduroam or Bayern WiFi)
Media lab on the 2nd floor
We are happy about the opening of our media lab, which was created in close cooperation with the FZBHL. Here our teachers have the possibility to record their lectures in front of the green screen. In media and presentation training, our students practice how scientific information can be prepared in an understandable manner for the public.
- Green Screen Studio
- Recording technology
- Wireless microphone system
- Lighting technology inl. ring light, softboxes and tripods
- Photo table incl. accessories
- Photo camera with various lenses
- WiFi available (Eduroam or Bayern WiFi)
Library on the 2nd floor
The interims library on our Campus is open. Here all employees and students have the opportunity to view or borrow scientific literature. Our library is part of the central libraryof the University of Bayreuth.
Current opening hours: Mon-Fri from 12 pm to 1 pm. Books can be returned on weekdays from 8.30 am to 1 pm via a return box in the common room.
Access via the Common room on the 2nd floor.
Click here to visit the library of the University of Bayreuth.
Rooms of the University at the Fritz Shopping center
Located in the Fritz shopping center right next to the offices of the Campus Kulmbach, various rooms with a total area of approx. 2.800 square meters are used by the University of Bayreuth. A characteristically scientific working environment has been created here. In addition to offices for the professors and their teams, there are mainly laboratories for beginner internships in biology and chemistry with extensive measurement technology, key labs and seminar rooms to be found here.
This is where the rooms for the professorships Food Metabolomoe and Bio- and Food Analysis will be located. Handover to our Faculty is planned for October 2021.
These rooms are extensively equipped for basic internships in the natural sciences. Use is planned from the end of the winter semester 21/22.
The rooms for the professorships Biochemistry of Nutrition and Crop Plant Genetics are located in this area.
Barrier-free access via elevators.